Susan Wheeler Accountants Privacy Notice
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about how we use any personal information we collect about you, your rights in relation to your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Susan Wheeler Accountants is a firm of Chartered Certified Accountants licensed by the ACCA to provide accountancy, taxation and related services.
Susan Wheeler Accountants collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the GDPR which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
How we use your personal information
- To provide the services agreed with you in the Letter of Engagement and any supporting Schedules (contract).
- To comply with our legal & professional obligations (e.g. Money Laundering Regulations).
- Internal administration (e.g. invoicing and maintaining our client records).\
We may receive information from you that falls into the category of sensitive personal data, required in order to complete money laundering checks. This information will only be used for this purpose or as otherwise required by law.
- To contact you about our services (when you have requested we do so by email, telephone or via this website).
We do not use personal information for direct marketing.
Information collected by us
In the course of our business activities we collect the following personal information:
Depending on the services agreed to by contract:
- Contact details (individual name, business/personal address, telephone number and/or email address).
- Personal information (date of birth,marital status).
- Financial (accounting information, payroll information, pension details).
- Tax details (National Insurance Number, Tax references).
- Data to prove clients’ identity.
We collect personal data from our clients or from third parties acting on the instructions of the relevant client. We may also collect data from publicly accessible sources (e.g. Companies House).
- Contact details (individual name, business/personal address, telephone number and/or email address)
Who we share your personal information with
- We will never share personal information with any third party without your consent unless where necessary to provide the services agreed in the Letter of Engagement.
- This means your personal data may be transferred to appropriate third parties such as HMRC and Companies House.
- We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
How long your personal information will be kept
- If you are a client we will hold your personal information for so long as you continue to be a client of Susan Wheeler Accountants.
- If you are a former client we will hold your personal information for 7 years after the closure of your account in line with regulatory data retention requirements.
- If you are a contact we will hold your contact details for six months after your initial enquiry.
Why we can collect and use your personal information
- The processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- The processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations (e.g. Money Laundering Regulations).
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests including
- Investigating / defending legal claims and complaints
- Legal and regulatory compliance.
We may process your personal data with more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
If you are a contact we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are to contact you as requested to provide information about our services.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to countries outside of the EEA in order to perform our contract with you. WE have model contract clauses and binding contractual rules to ensure that your personal data is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the Data Protection Legislation.
Keeping your personal information secure
Susan Wheeler Accountants is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place various management, physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
Right of access to data about you
GDPR gives you the legal right to access personal data about you that is held by Susan Wheeler Accountants. It allows you to check the lawfulness of any data processing, to ask for incorrect data to be changed, and for data about you to be erased (within any legal or regulatory constraints). To get a copy of this data please submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) in writing to the address given in the Contact section. Please let us have proof of your identity and address.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published in June 2018 (V1).
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
By email to:
By post to:
Susan Wheeler Accountants
6 Bittern Close
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113]